Introduction to Executive Protection
With over 60% new material, in this book you’ll learn:
A comprehensive look at executive protection, the profession, and methods of practice. This 4th edition is worth the read.
Monica Duperon Rodriguez
Sr. Manager, Global Corporate Security and Risk Management (Executive Protection & Solutions) LinkedIn
“Dale and Elijah have forgotten more about the business of Protective Services than most will ever learn.”
Mark 'SIX' James
Author, Defensive Handgun II
"It is important we don't forget the basic principals & foundations. This book is a great reminder”
Chuck Randoph, LTC (Ret.)
President, International Protective Security Board
"This is absolutely one of the top books I point to for people who are interested in getting into the profession.”
Harlan "Hucky" Austin
Founder, Bodyguard Careers
Two statesman in the world of Executive Protection have joined forces once again to present an updated take on what many consider to be the bible of the industry.
Dale L. June is a former U.S. Secret Service Agent serving the Presidential Protective Division at the White House with four presidents: plus, serving in the Sacramento and San Diego field Offices. He worked directly with executives of multi-national corporations, VIPs, political figures, royalty, and celebrities and liaison and interaction with law enforcement, fire departments and medical personnel, as well as international law enforcement agency personnel.
Dale has an M.A. Degree in Special Studies/Criminal Justice from George Washington University; B.A. Degree Public Administration, Sacramento State University; Co-Founder of Henley-Putnam University and writer of approximately forty of the university courses; Course Developer of Homeland Security; Terrorism; and Emergency Management Courses for Career Education Corporation. Recently he rewrote two criminal justice courses for National University (Los Angeles) and is an adjunct professor at National University, National Polytech College and Compton College.
He has over three decades’ experience teaching at the college and university levels as an instructor of criminal justice, psychology, sociology, history and drug and addiction related courses and is an avid reader of psychology related material to gain insight into the psychological, sociological, and biological causes and remedies of dysfunction, depression, and personality factors.
Other books by Dale L. June
· Fear, Society and the Police (CRC Press 2020)
· An Introduction to Celebrity Protection and Touring: A Guide to Mastering the Business of VIP Protection (2019 Co-Authored with Elijah Shaw
· The Re-Evolution of American Street Gangs (CRC Press 2016)
· What They Didn’t Teach at The Academy; Topics, Stories, and Reality Beyond the Classroom (CRC Press 2014)
· Introduction to Executive Protection (Three Editions; CRC Press 1998, 2008, 2015)
· Practical Approaches and Perspectives, Protection, Security and Safeguards; Contributor and Editor, Two Editions (CRC Press 2000, 2012)
· Homeland Security and Terrorism; Perspective, Thoughts and Opinions (CRC Press 2010)
· In Crime’s Way; A Generation of U.S. Secret Service Adventures (CRC Press 2000) Ghost Writer for Carmine Motto
· Undercover, 2nd Edition (CRC Press 2000) co-authored with Carmine Motto
· He has written security-related articles for international security magazines in Canada, The United Kingdom, Mexico, New Zealand, and Germany
Elijah J. Shaw is the CEO of ICON Global, Inc. A consulting firm specializing in Executive and VIP Protection. With tours of duty that frequently take him across the globe, Mr. Shaw acts as a personal bodyguard to several highly recognizable public figures, providing security consultation and staffing worldwide.
As an instructor, Elijah teaches an internationally recognized program on Celebrity and VIP Protection at the ICON academy, as well as in conjunction with Executive Security International (ESI), the nation’s oldest bodyguard school, where he currently sits on the Board of Directors.
Elijah also serves as the current National Director of the North American Bodyguard Association (NABA)and holds the position of Managing Editor of the NABA-produced Circuit Magazine, in which he writes an ongoing column entitled, Keeping Your Edge. A seasoned expert with dealing with the media on topics related to Executive Protection and the Bodyguard Industry, Elijah has been featured in prestigious publications such as Portfolio, Entrepreneur and Inc. Magazine. In addition, he has been interviewed for his expert opinion on major broadcast such as The Today Show, FOX and E! News. He recently developed the NABA Protector App – A resource tool and online community for the Executive Protection industry. Find it at www.TheProtectorApp.com
On the philanthropic side, Mr. Shaw is the founder of ISC Safety-Net, a program that provides free security services to victims of domestic abuse and the shelters that support them.
Other books by Elijah Shaw
· An Introduction to Celebrity Protection and Touring: A Guide to Mastering the Business of VIP Protection (2019 Co-Authored with Dale L. June)
He co-publishes and writes for The Circuit Magazine, the longest running magazine for the Executive Protection Professional.
Available in Paperback and ebook at the following online retailers: